Turkish lentil soup recipe.. With its own share of local flavors. The most important features of this soup are the spices used and the sauteed chopped onions being served on the side. Mahluta is a healthy soup and a special dish that you should try.
• 2 medium onions
• 1.5 liter chicken broth (You can also use chicken instead of tablets)
• 200g red lentils
• 100g rice
• 2 tsp coriander
• 2 lemons
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• Rinse and drain rice.
• Rinse and drain lentils.
• Chop onions into cubes.
• Put oil into a saucepan. Saute chopped onions in oil.
• Get the sauteed onions aside.
• Boil water on the stove, put the lentils and rice into the water.
• Stir in the lentils, crushed black pepper and cilantro and cook for half an hour.
• It should be at normal consistency, neither runny nor watery, add a little hot water if it is too dense.
• Take the soup into bowls, sprinkle some cumin, onion pieces and lemon slices, and serve them.